Sunday, 17 June 2007

From afar


Hey y'all,

Aren't I just so cool? Saying y'all an' all...I thought so. I still do.

Anyway, I'm a bit kookoo right now as I'm on holiday; but I got the net for a bit, and I thought I'd better write on my blog. So here I am.

Aussie is awesome; so many great photo opportunities, especially people on the train, they're so photogenic. And since I have a digital SLR now, I can only take the best result!

So, have been here for almost a week now....and I'm not having any deep thoughts or confused views. That's what a holiday ought to be about. Such a brain-dead time; I love it...with a capital V. Gold Coast is so sandy and happy.

Except...even though people consider shopping to be a generally emasculating activity, I'd just like to write a note here to say that I like it. So anyone who thinks that it's girly, I really don't care. I have recently just finished writing an essay on masculinity construction in our society, so I'm recently enlightened about the bullshit that society feeds men on how we ought to be...I don't want to be a part of that. So there, let's break stereotypes right now: I like to buy things, including clothes.

Peace out everyone.

Parv

1 comment:

  1. Shopping? what a homo. Shopping is for girls.

    You may be interested in this:

    http://irrepressible.info/addcontent

    ...and on that note, take off your comment moderation!

    ReplyDelete